Sunday, August 22, 2010

Cannot View Videos on Windows Media Player 11?

Sometimes when I click a link to watch a video, wmp 11 will open and say "changing media files" and then it will begin to play. I hear sounds but cannot see anything but a blank screen.





But when Im on youtube, google video, or even a site that has a little wmp screen to view videos it works perfectly, but when I try to stream it to wmp I just get a blank screen...





Do I need new codecs or can someone give me a link to a better video player?





Thanks for your help!

Cannot View Videos on Windows Media Player 11?
Usually when you can hear sound but not see video it's a codec problem.





Download the usual suspects: Divx, Xvid, FFmpeg, 3ivx and see if that helps.





Also you can use MediaInfo (free, open source) to check out video streams and what codecs they require:


http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en


No comments:

Post a Comment