Thursday, August 19, 2010

Can I redirect My Videos folder to another hard drive so my Xbox 360 can view and play all my videos?

I keep all my videos (home, usermade, etc) on a separate 250 GB harddrive on my PC. But when my Xbox 360 is hooked up to my network, it only views files in the My Videos folder - which is completely empty as I don't use it. Without hacking my Xbox, can I redirect the My Videos folder to point to my other harddrive, thus making it possible to view all those videos over the network through the Xbox?

Can I redirect My Videos folder to another hard drive so my Xbox 360 can view and play all my videos?
You could right click on your desktop, properties, desktop, customize and make a My Documents icon. Then right click the My Documents icon on the desktop and change the location of My Documents to your other hdard drive. You could also right click and select new %26gt; shortcut and make a shortcut to the location if your Xbox can follow shortcuts.
Reply:The 360 cannot follow shortcuts. I think you have to put the videos you want to watch into the "My Videos" folder in order to view them. I never had much luck watching videos on my 360 since most of my movies in avi and encoded with divx.


No comments:

Post a Comment